Please join us for the Enfield Liberal Democrats Annual General Meeting on Thursday 11 October 2018 at 7pm at the Dugdale Centre in Enfield Town. Entry is free, and it is open to all members, supporters, and other members of the public who are interested in the future of our country and our borough.
To help us manage numbers, please email us at: [email protected] if you are planning to come along.
We are delighted to announce that we will be joined by Sarah Olney and Lucy Salek. Sarah Olney is the former Liberal Democrat MP for Richmond Park, who won an amazing by-election victory in 2016, scoring a 30% swing and picking up a formerly safe Conservative seat, defeating Zac Goldsmith. Lucy Salek was the Parliamentary candidate in the Lewisham East by-election earlier this year, achieving a 20% swing in a strong second place and sending a message to Labour leadership that they cannot take pro-European voters for granted.
Activists and campaigners from all over Enfield will be attending: it is also a chance to meet Rob Wilson, our candidate in the upcoming by-election for the vacant council seat in Bush Hill Park. The Enfield Liberal Democrats have gone from strength to strength, and with your help we can elect Enfield’s first Liberal Democrat councillor and reshape Enfield politics.
Entry is free and one Member who attends will, chosen at random, win a £50 Gift Card.
The first part of the evening will be a series of talks about the party and its role in Enfield. This will be open to the public at large as well. This will be followed by a small break with food to get to meet the speakers and the other party members.
Following the break we will discuss party business. This will be for members only.
1. Report from the Chair
2. Report from the Treasurer
3. Prize Draw
4. Any other Business
The following positions on the Executive Committee are open for nomination for election.
If you would like to stand for election please send your completed Nomination Form (available for download here) to the Secretary at [email protected] by 5pm on 10 October 2018.
Alternatively, hand your completed Nomination Form to the Chair or Secretary before the close of nominations at the General Meeting.
· Chair - to chair all General and Executive Committee Meetings and to be jointly responsible with the Treasurer for the Local Party’s compliance with the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000;
· Vice-Chair - to chair General and Executive Committee Meetings if the Chair is unable to do so;
· Secretary - to handle the Local Party’s correspondence; to maintain minutes of meetings;
· Treasurer - to handle the Local Party’s financial business and present financial reports to General Meetings; to be jointly responsible with the Chair for the Local Party’s compliance with the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000;
· Data Officer - to receive all notices of application for membership and refer them to the Executive Committee for acceptance; maintain a membership register and provide Branch and Local Party Officers with lists of members as necessary under this Constitution; hold and maintain the Connect/campaigning data of the local party; and ensure compliance with data protection legislation;
· Membership Development Officer - to organise and run membership recruitment and renewal campaigns; ensure that the Local Party has a wide a range of social and political activities to facilitate member retention; promote diversity of cultures within the party and represent the interests of underrepresented groups in the locality;
Diversity Officer - to develop and implement the party’s strategy for increased inclusivity. To ensure that under represented communities in our party and community at large are fairly represented. To make sure our offering to a membership and the wider community is as relevant and diverse as possible.
· 10 Ordinary Members;
· A representative from each Constituency. They will act as spokesperson and activity co-ordinator for their Constituency.
· 1 representative elected by and from each local Branch of the Party’s Youth and Student Organisation.
We look forward to seeing you there!